Sunday, May 17, 2009

Orton Sibling reunion





The Alva Orton Family reunion is normally held on the fourth of July weekend but the sons and daughters of Alva and Clora have an annual get together in May, without any kids or grand kids!
Every year it just gets better. This year we invited some of our beloved cousins who were in the Salt Lake area and that was a real treat.
As usual we met at Marks on Saturday. Each family brought an assigned dish and we ate until we were nearly sick. We sat around afterwards and talked about old times. The stories don't change much from year to year but they do get better.
We miss Nical each year but other than him there were no missing siblings. Janie (Wayne's wife) has been traveling a lot lately and asked to be excused so she was missed.
Here is a couple of photos of the group.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That last picture cracks me up! What is it with the Ortons and standing around with arms folded? Reminds me of my childhood.

Sharlee said...

Who in the world knew you had a blog!? I guess Andrea did, but the Orton newsletter is the first I've heard of it. Good job uncle Lyle. I love the pictures!